[Sponsor a client text here.]

[Donate to Dignity Tax text here.]

Find out all the information about BC provincial income tax here, including tax rates, BC tax credits and access to all the BC tax forms and publications.

My Self Serve (MySS) is the Province of BC's online portal where you can create an account and sign up online for Income Assistance (welfare) and also Disability Benefits for Persons With Disabilities (PWD Benefits.) To sign up, you will need an email address, your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and your spouse's information (if you're not single.) If you are currently on Income Assistance and have an open case file, you may also need the date of your last assistance payment, your Personal Health Number (PHN) and the expiry date on your Drivers License (if you have one), as well as the last address the Ministry has on file for you.

Covid-19 Support

The Government of Canada has created a comprehensive action plan at the federal level consisting of a number of financial assistance programs to help individuals and families as we all deal with financial consequence of the Covid-19 pandemic. Links to the Employment Insurance (EI) Program, the Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB), the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) and also a mortgage deferral program if you are behind on payments.

If you are having trouble paying rent, you can put your landlord in touch with the federal government's Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy program.

If you are employed or self-employed and you need to stay home to care for a child under the age of 12 or a family member who requires supervised care, you may qualify for the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit.

The Province of BC also has financial assistance available at the provincial level. You may qualify for the BC Recovery Benefit (BCRB), a one-time, tax-free payment of up to $500 for eligible individuals and up to $1,000 for BC families.

Legal Help

The Together Against Poverty Society (TAPS) provides free, one-on-one legal advocacy for people on income assistance and disability benefits (PWD). They deal a lot with employment standards and residential tenancy issues. If you live in Greater Victoria and need legal support from people who truly care about people, TAPS is an excellent resource.